Five project proposals selected for financing within the 3rd Call for Proposals (CfP) under the IPA Cross-border Programme Croatia-Montenegro 2007-2013 were presented at Grand Award Ceremony which was held in Hotel Adria in Dubrovnik on 13 October 2015. The projects were selected under the 3rd Call for Proposals (CfP) last for a period of 16 months to 2 years, on the principle of cross-border partnership of institutions and organizations from Croatia and Montenegro, and are divided in three measures.
Within Measure 1.1: Joint actions for environment, nature and cultural heritage protection following three projects were selected:
• “Cross border joint research and awareness raising action in detecting environmental conditions. Establishing higher safety and protection measures of Maritime domain parts (emphasise on coast) of Croatia and Montenegro – CoRE”
• “Cross Border Marine Natura 2000 Mapping, Monitoring and Management – 4M project”
• “Towards sustainable use of water resources”.
Within Measure 1.2: Joint tourism and cultural space, following project was selected:
• “Bird-watching and Eco Tourism in South Adriatic (BETSA)”
Within Measure 1.3: Small cross-border community development projects, following project was selected:
• “Sport for Children and Youth: Fostering Development and Strengthening Cooperation in Cross Border Area - OH2O-POLO.’’
The 3rd CfP was opened from 13 September to 13 December 2013 and 48 project proposals were received which requested 15,704,934.07 euros (available amount was 1,940,798.95 euros. 900,000.00 for Croatia and 1,040,798.95 for Montenegro). Ultimately, five projects proposals were selected for financing, and the total amounts of these projects in Croatia and Montenegro is 1,629,839.66 euros, of which 1,342,295.79 euros are EU grants, and the rest is self-financing. In Montenegro was contracted 778,455.24 euros EU grant, while in Croatia was contracted 563,840.55 euros EU grant (the fifth project is in the process of contracting).
The overall process and the results of the evaluation were presented at the ceremony and the beneficiaries of the selected project proposals presented the activities to be implemented. In addition, the representatives of the Programme Operating structures, Franka Vojnović, Head of Sector for Regional Development Policy, Directorate for Regional Development, Ministry of Regional Development and EU funds, and on behalf of the Contracting Authority Ines Kos, director of the Agency for Regional Development of the Republic of Croatia addressed oneself to attendees.